Module 4 – Schematic Design
Based upon the completed Feasibility Study and the steps outlined in Module 3 – Feasibility Study, the District and its team, in collaboration with the MSBA, develop a robust schematic design of sufficient detail to establish the scope, budget and schedule for the Proposed Project. The MSBA generates a Project Scope and Budget Agreement that documents the project scope, budget, schedule and MSBA financial participation to forward to the MSBA Board of Directors for their consideration. Approval by the MSBA Board of Directors is required for all projects in order for the MSBA to enter into a Project Scope and Budget Agreement and a Project Funding Agreement with the District. Refer to Module – 5 Funding the Project for additional information.
The following documents are available to assist the District:
- MSBA Space Summary Templates
- DESE Template Cover Letter
- Special Education Adjacency Table Template
- Total Project Budget Template
- Schematic Design Submittal Notification Template
- Local Actions and Approval Certification TemplateReports
- Module 4 Completion Checklist
- Submittal Dates for Board Meetings
- Project Advisory 81
At the October 25, 2023 Board Meeting:
- There were three districts recommended for Project Scope and Budget.
- East Longmeadow, East Longmeadow High School
- Hopkinton, Elmwood Elementary School
- Whitman-Hanson Regional School District, Whitman Middle School
- Based on the most recent data and schedules provided to the MSBA by districts, five districts will appear before the Board for Project Scope and Budget Agreement authorizations at the December 2023 and February 2024 Board meetings.
- Lynn, Pickering Middle School
- New Bedford DeValles Elementary School
- Newton, Countryside Elementary School
- Whittier Regional Vocational Technical School District, Whittier Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Dedham, Oakdale Elementary School